About BWH Plant Co.
At BWH Plant Co., we firmly believe in the transformative power of plants to elevate spaces, uplift spirits, and enhance overall well-being.
Our mission is to make houseplants fun and accessible to everyone, establishing ourselves as the go-to online destination for plant enthusiasts of all kinds. We take great pride in cultivating, selling, and curating the highest quality of rare tropical varieties, ensuring that every plant lover can find something special to enjoy.
About The Role
We are looking for an experienced people manager to join our team at BWH Plant Co. As the Greenhouse Manager, you will be responsible for training and managing the greenhouse team, monitoring production goals, supporting the Head Grower with daily growing operations, and handling all administrative data reporting for the greenhouse. The ideal candidate must have a passion for plants, people management experience, and have worked within the horticulture industry.
- Support the Head Grower in managing and coordinating the daily grow operations, including: organizing benches, potting, plant transfers, watering, cleaning, maintenance, order pulling and monitoring schedules/ timelines for each product
- Train, mentor, and manage the greenhouse staff
- Continuously improves the skills, knowledge and morale of all employees; creates an environment where the entire team does the same
- Ensure proper safety protocols are followed around greenhouse equipment
- Inspect plants daily for disease, pests, and other problems
- Maintain precise records of plant inventories and production data
- Responsible for monitoring supply levels such as soil materials, pots, trays, etc for order forecasting
- Participate in developing and implementing rules, regulations, policies, and procedures to advance the BWH Plant Co mission, vision, goals, and objectives
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in horticulture or similar field preferred
- Demonstrated experience in the agriculture industry, ideally in a greenhouse (1-2 years)
- Knowledgeable in Horticultural practices, including nutrition, disease, pest management and seasonal changes
- Strong communication skills; both written and verbal
- Solid understanding of safety protocols in a greenhouse environment
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to multitask under pressure.
- People management experience leading and coaching a team (1-2 years)
- Proficiency in computer usage, data entry, and quick information retrieval
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, and procedure manuals
- Bilingual: English & Spanish strongly preferred
- Employer benefits include:
- Health Insurance
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Life insurance
- 401k plan
- Unlimited PTO (with minimums!)
- Generous employee discount
If you are passionate about plants, love leading a team to success, and want to be part of a thriving company at the forefront of the plant industry, we invite you to join our team at BWH Plant Co.!
How to apply
Email a PDF of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Greenhouse Manager - [your name]". We'd also love to hear what you’re interested in, what makes the job appealing, and anything else you want to share!