At BWH Plant Co., we firmly believe in the transformative power of plants to elevate spaces, uplift spirits, and enhance overall well-being. Our mission is to make houseplants enjoyable and accessible to everyone, establishing ourselves as the go-to online destination for plant enthusiasts of all kinds. We take great pride in cultivating, selling, and curating the highest quality of rare tropical varieties, ensuring that every plant lover can find something special to enjoy.
About the role
We are seeking a curious, reliable, and empathetic team member to join our small but mighty customer support team. In this role, you will spend approximately 85% of your time engaging directly with current and prospective customers across various channels, including email, chat, social platforms, and review platforms. From helping customers choose the perfect plant to offering care tips, adjusting orders, or resolving issues, you will play a vital role in delivering exceptional customer experiences.
- Communicate thoughtfully with customers across multiple channels, consistently delivering a 5-star experience
- Go the extra mile to engage customers and ensure successful resolution of issues
- Accurately document order issues and submit shipping claims
- Develop and maintain in-depth product and plant knowledge
- Think creatively and passionately about how we can make every interaction as meaningful as possible, and share those ideas regularly - we are a small team and everybody’s input counts!
- Assist in managing B2B accounts and nurturing customer relationships
- Contribute to writing and maintaining customer-facing help pages, internal documentation, and standard responses
- Support ad-hoc projects as needed
This role may be great for you if:
- You’re helpful, friendly, and compassionate – you’re the kind of person who gladly lets people merge into traffic at the last minute
- You're detail-oriented and have a knack for noticing patterns, making logical connections, and describing things clearly and concisely
- You’re organized, able to multitask, and prioritize effectively
- Your appetite for learning is unending, and you’re quick to pick up and retain information
- You are adaptable and comfortable knowing that there may not always be a defined plan, path, or process
An ideal candidate has:
- Demonstrated experience in supporting customers through email, chat, and/or social channels (1-2 years)
- Knowledge of various plants and their care
- Empathy, collaboration skills, and ability to work effectively in a team
- Proficiency in computer usage, data entry, and quick information retrieval
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfort with remote and office-based work environments
Nice to haves
- Experience working in a young, growing company
- Familiarity with CRM software (e.g., Zendesk, Freshdesk, Salesforce)
- Proficiency in Shopify, Slack, GSuite, and/or Shipstation
- Part-time position scheduled for 15-25 hours per week, with potential for increased hours in the future
- Availability to work up to 5 days a week, including one weekend day, is required
- Must be able to work in our shared office space in Apopka for up to 80% of your weekly schedule
- This role reports directly to our Customer Experience Manager
- Start date will be mid-July
If you are passionate about providing exceptional customer experiences and want to be part of a thriving company at the forefront of the plant industry, we invite you to join our team at BWH Plant Co.!
How to apply
Email a PDF of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We'd also love to hear what you’re interested in, what makes the job appealing, and anything else you want to share.